Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation is a charitable society that supports health care in the North Okanagan by raising funds for Residential Care Facilities, Community Health Services and Vernon Jubilee Hospital. Our geographical area includes Armstrong, Coldstream, Enderby, Falkland, Lumby, Spallumcheen and Vernon. Other specialized health services include the Lions Vision Centre in Armstrong, which cares for patients from Lake Country to the Shuswap.
As an experienced leader, you will work with the Board of Directors to forecast future trends and plan for fund raising opportunities. Working with our committed staff you will share the vision and mission of the Foundation with partners and donors to create multiple capital fundraising strategies and campaigns. You are committed to promoting a positive community profile.
Required qualifications, skills and abilities:
• 10+ years of fundraising experience with a goal of raising $2 million or more per annum. A proven record of raising both sustainable and capital campaign-based funding from a variety of sources including major donors, Foundations, grants, business and sponsorships.
• A minimum of five years of senior management experience in the not-for-profit sector.
• Strategic Acumen: A track record as a strategic thinker with ability to communicate and translate future vision into successful actions and outcomes.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate, evaluate, and recognize staff and volunteers; as well as proven ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
• Partnership Building: Experience building successful partnerships with diverse stakeholder groups in the community.
• Business Accountability and Resource Management: Consummate business and financial planning and management experience.
• Proficient in the use of technology as it pertains to donor databases, financial management and communications.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with a solid track record of speaking in public forums.
This full-time position is based in beautiful Vernon, BC. With our wineries, world-class ski hill, golf courses and stunning lakes and parks, Vernon is the place to recreate in style.
This position has varied work hours to meet the needs of our community. At times, evening, early morning and weekend work will be required.
Salary will be based on experience and education. A benefit package is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until the suitable candidate is hired. No phone calls, please. Enquiries can be directed to [email protected]
Careers: Executive Director
Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation
Vernon, BC V1T 5L2